IGS 180 Range
Animazoo offers a suite of world-leading Inertial Motion Capture systems based on the principles of Accuracy, Affordability and Flexibility.
Animazoo’s Pro level mocap system , the IGS-180, offers the highest accuracy available from a mocap suit allowing you to capture smooth, clean motion data in any environment – no studio required.
The IGS-180 is so easy to use you can be capturing data within 20 minutes and because we don’t use camera’s you can capture in any location from sporting arena to inside a car with no concerns about occlusion or marker swapping.
The IGS-180 can now be upgraded to the ground breaking IGS-180i specification. The IGS-180i motion capture system includes he most advanced magnetic compensation technology possible to allow capture in locations previously out-of-bounds for inertial systems e.g. Cars, factories, cockpits, flight decks and production lines.
"The Animazoo IGS-180 mocap system proved to be a very good solution for us. Pipeline-wise, it has allowed us to save a significant amount of time. Its direct integration into our animation pipeline and tools via dedicated driver allows us to review the mocap session on the fly, directly in our tool set, thus optimizing significantly the efficiency of every session"
Ivan Balabanov - Managing Director - Ubisoft Sofia.
Animazoo's Motion Capture customers include Skoda, Ubisoft, Cranfield University, Hyundai, Rockstar, UQAM, Imperial College London, PSA Peugeot Citroen and many more.
Why the IGS Range from Animazoo?
- Flexibility – No cameras means more freedom
- Save time – IGS mocap data requires little post processing
- Real-time visualization using IGS-View
- No studio required – Use inside or outdoors
- Quick setup time – case to capture in 15 minutes
- Simple to use – extensive training not required
- Make the most of your existing software - pipelines for Autodesk MotionBuilder®, 3DSMax®, Maya® and many more
- Real time drivers for Unity, UDK, Panda3D and many more
Example customer use cases for the IGS-180
- 3D character animation
- Industrial ergonomics and design assurance
- Fast prototyping and Previs of film, game and advertising
- Game Development; in-game and cinematics
- Film and VFX: on-set, stunts
- Biomechanics research
- Medical rehab and testing
- Training and simulation
IGS-180 motion capture system
- 6DOF tracking of body segments
- 17 OSv3 inertial measurement units
- Wireless operation for full freedom of movement
- Extra Sensor for use as back up, prop or extra spine
- Two piece elasticated fabric suit – wear together or individually if required
- Strap or Biomechanics specific suits available
- Suits available in Small, Medium or Large to fit all users
- Lightweight, breathable fabric for user comfort
- Tough wear proof design
IGS-180i Industrial Motion Capture system
All the great features of the IGS-180 plus enhanced Magnetic compensation.
This ground breaking technology allows the system to be used in environments where standard mocap systems cannot function because of magnetic interference.
The IGS-180i allows industrial companies and researchers to capture human motion in challenging and inhospitable environments.
No other mocap system can be used as effectively to capture the movement of workers on a car assembly line to ensure reduced work place injury or to test the usability of a proposed car design.
“We chose to work with Animazoo, because it is impossible to create all the animations necessary for ergonomic simulation without motion capture. Animazoo worked with us and provided the latest inertial mocap technology and superb customer service. Animazoo were able to work with us to provide a motion capture system that can be used to capture actual workers on the production line, not just training simulations in the lab. Streaming real-time movement data into JACK saves Skoda time and money as we no longer require specialists to create JACK animations.”
Peter Skorik - Skoda Project Lead
IGS-View Operating & Key Frame editing software
- Easily record motion capture data
- Advanced kinematic skeleton displays 17 body segment in motion
- Motion data fused with skeleton saved as .BVH for easy import
- Visualize, playback and edit motion capture data in real time
- Quick and easy to use editing interface for fast post processing
Real time plugins for:
- Autodesk MotionBuilder®
- Siemens Jack and Process Simulate Human
- CatiaTM v5, DelmiaTM V5
- Unity, UDK and Panda3D Game Engines
- iKinema for Maya
- Start up time including time to put on suit: >5mins
- System weight: 1.5kg
- Actor size and weight range: Unlimited
- Accurate scalable skeleton: Yes
- Ability to manipulate bone lengths after capture: Yes
- Ability to manipulate key frames after capture: Yes
- Suit material: Lycra
- Waterproof: No
- Operating temperature: -10 to 50 deg C
- Cable set: Single Daisy Chain
- Industrial cabling: Optional
- No. of IMUs: 17 (+1 spare)
- Inertial update rate: 500 Hz
- Max. Angular rate: +1200 deg/sec
- Angular Sensor resolution: <0.01 deg
- Yaw: <1 deg
- Pitch: <1 deg
- Roll: <0.2 deg
- Accelerommeter range: +2g
- Magnetic Interference: Standard Compensation
- Ability to adjust magnetic compensation after capture: No
- IMU calibration: Delivered Calibrated
- Connectivity: WiFi
- Range: 50m
- Magnetic Interference: Advanced Compensation
- Ability to adjust magnetic compensation after capture: Yes
Dimensions/ Power / Weight
- IMU dimensions: 5.07cm x 1.45 cm x 0.92 cm
- IMU weight: 11.2 gram
- MPU dimensions: W 8.5 cm x H 18cm x D 2.3 cm
- MPU weight: 45g
- Batteries supplied: 20Amp/hr
- Battery run time: 3 hours
- DC charger: Included
- Shipping weight: 15kg
IGS Real-time Software Plug-ins
Motion Builder real-time plug-in
Unity real-time plug-in
UDK real-time plug-in
Siemens JACK & PSH real-time plug-in
Delmia & Catia real-time plug-in
Motionbuilder real-time plug-in
Motionbuilder is Autodesk’s 3D character animation software for virtual production Motionbuilder enables you to more efficiently manipulate and refine data with greater reliability. Capture, edit, and play back complex character animation in a highly responsive, interactive environment, and work with a display optimized for both animators and directors.
Motionbuilder is widely used in animation, TV, VFX and Game development projects and our real-time plugin enhances the standard product by delivering real-time character control.
The IGS Motionbuilder plugin allows to you to connect your IGS Motion capture suit to your rigged character and record movement in a single environment.
Real-time pre-visualisation is delivered in a simple and quick to set up package that will drastically shorten animation pipelines and facilitate faster creative decisions.
IGS real-time Unity Plug-in
Unity is a game development ecosystem: a powerful rendering engine fully integrated with a complete set of intuitive tools and rapid workflows to create interactive 3D content; easy multiplatform publishing; thousands of quality, ready-made assets in the Asset Store and a knowledge-sharing Community.
The IGS real-time plug-in for Unity gives artists and developers the ability to easily control their characters in real time.
As well as the obvious time and cost saving benefits for traditional animators and Game developers, our plug-in is widely used in training and simulation where subjects can be immersed in a Unity driven virtual world and carry out tasks or training for scenarios that are two dangerous or expensive to replicate in the real world.
IGS real-time UDK plug-in
Unreal Engine 3 is a complete game development framework for PCs, Xbox 360®, iOS, and PlayStation® 3, providing a vast array of core technologies, content creation tools, and support infrastructure content.
UDK is the free edition of Unreal Engine 3 that provides access to the award-winning 3D game engine and professional toolset used in blockbuster video game development, architectural visualization, mobile game development, 3D rendering, digital films and more.
The IGS real-time UDK plug-in has been used in a variety of customer projects from traditional game development, real-time pre-visualisation and motion capture controlled game play