IGS 150 Range
Animazoo offers a range of world-leading Inertial Motion Capture systems based on the principles of Accuracy, Affordability and Flexibility.
Animazoo’s Entry level motion capture system, the IGS-150, offers high quality motion capture data at an affordable price. The IGS-150 has been designed to offer customers a solution that will provide professional results on a budget.
The IGS-150 is so easy to use you can be capturing data within 20 minutes and because we don’t use camera’s you can capture in any location from sporting arena to board room with no concerns about occlusion or marker swapping.
The IGS-150 is available with wired or wireless connectivity options to suit all projects and budgets. Our range of real-time plugins for Motionbuilder, Unity, Siemens Jack and Dassault Delmia makes the IGS-150 an ideal solution for Indy Games & Animation studios, Schools and University projects.
If I could summarise I have one word for the suit - BRILLIANT!”
“We are really happy with the IGS-150 system. We find the system easy to use and fantastic for capturing motion data.” The IGS-150 has made a big impact on a number of projects, it has also allowed us to push boundaries further and make animation projects with some characters more cost effective for our customers, opening new markets and possibilities.”
Ricky O’Donnell, Creative Director - RJDM Studios
Why the IGS Range from Animazoo?
- Flexibility – No cameras means more freedom
- Save time – IGS mocap data requires little post processing
- Real-time visualization using IGS-View
- No studio required – Use inside or outdoors
- Quick setup time – case to capture in 15 minutes
- Simple to use – extensive training not required
- Make the most of your existing software - pipelines for Autodesk MotionBuilder®, 3DSMax®, Maya® and many more
- Real time drivers for Unity, UDK, Panda3D and many more
Example customer use cases for the IGS-150
- 3D character animation
- Fast prototyping and Previs of film, game and advertising
- Game Development; in-game and cinematics
- Film and VFX: on-set, stunts
- Training and simulation
- Teaching animation and motion capture principles
- Live performance and real time interaction
IGS-150 motion capture system
- 6DOF tracking of body segments
- 15 OSv1 inertial measurement units
- Wired or Wireless operation for full freedom of movement
- Two piece elasticated fabric suit – wear together or individually if required
- Strap or Biomechanics specific suits available
- Suits available in Small, Medium or Large to fit all users
- Lightweight, breathable fabric for user comfort
- Tough, wear proof design
- Hard, dust and waterproof case for storage and transport
In The Box
- IGS-150 Fabric suit pre dressed with 15 Standard Inertial sensors
- Wired or Wireless Main Processing Unit (MPU)
- 5m USB cable or Wireless router
- Required Software (USB Drive)
- Quick start guide and Manual (USB Drive)
- Spare straps, patches and velcro tabs
- 2x High Capacity Lithium Ion batteries (Wireless option only)
- Start up including time to put on suit: 5 mins
- System weight: 1.5kg
- Actor size and weight range: Unlimited
- Accurate scalable skeleton: Yes
- Ability to manipulate bone lengths after capture: Yes
- Ability to manipulate key frames after capture: Yes
- Suit material: Lycra
- Waterproof: Yes
- Operating temperature: -10 to 50 deg
- Cable set: Single Daisy Chain
- Industrial cabling: No
- No. of IMU Sensors: 15
- Inertial Update rate (Hz): 500 Hz
- Max. Angular rate: +500 deg/sec
- Angular Sensor resolution: <0.01 deg
- Yaw: <2 deg
- Pitch: <1.5 deg
- Roll: <1.5 deg
- Accelerometer range: +2 deg
- Magnetic Interference: Standard Compensation
- Ability to adjust magnetic compensation after capture: No
- IMU calibration: Delivered calibrated
- Connectivity: Wired Via 5m USB or Wireless
- Wireless Range: 50m
- Battery run time: 2 Hours
- IMU dimensions: 5.07cm x 1,45 cm x 0.92 cm
- IMU weight: 11.2 gram
- MPU dimensions: W8.5cm H18cm D2.3 cm
- MPU weight: 45g
- Shipping weight: 15kg
IGS Real-time Software Plug-ins
Motion Builder real-time plug-in
Unity real-time plug-in
UDK real-time plug-in
Siemens JACK & PSH real-time plug-in
Delmia & Catia real-time plug-in
Motionbuilder real-time plug-in
Motionbuilder is Autodesk’s 3D character animation software for virtual production Motionbuilder enables you to more efficiently manipulate and refine data with greater reliability. Capture, edit, and play back complex character animation in a highly responsive, interactive environment, and work with a display optimized for both animators and directors.
Motionbuilder is widely used in animation, TV, VFX and Game development projects and our real-time plugin enhances the standard product by delivering real-time character control.
The IGS Motionbuilder plugin allows to you to connect your IGS Motion capture suit to your rigged character and record movement in a single environment.
Real-time pre-visualisation is delivered in a simple and quick to set up package that will drastically shorten animation pipelines and facilitate faster creative decisions.
IGS real-time Unity Plug-in
Unity is a game development ecosystem: a powerful rendering engine fully integrated with a complete set of intuitive tools and rapid workflows to create interactive 3D content; easy multiplatform publishing; thousands of quality, ready-made assets in the Asset Store and a knowledge-sharing Community.
The IGS real-time plug-in for Unity gives artists and developers the ability to easily control their characters in real time.
As well as the obvious time and cost saving benefits for traditional animators and Game developers, our plug-in is widely used in training and simulation where subjects can be immersed in a Unity driven virtual world and carry out tasks or training for scenarios that are two dangerous or expensive to replicate in the real world.
IGS real-time UDK plug-in
Unreal Engine 3 is a complete game development framework for PCs, Xbox 360®, iOS, and PlayStation® 3, providing a vast array of core technologies, content creation tools, and support infrastructure content.
UDK is the free edition of Unreal Engine 3 that provides access to the award-winning 3D game engine and professional toolset used in blockbuster video game development, architectural visualization, mobile game development, 3D rendering, digital films and more.
The IGS real-time UDK plug-in has been used in a variety of customer projects from traditional game development, real-time pre-visualisation and motion capture controlled game play